LEADER project aims to strength and reinforce partnerships with some Least Developed Countries (LDC) like Afghanistan Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Pakistan (member of South Asian Association for Regional cooperation -SAARC), and to foster research and educational partnerships with Countries like North Korea, China, Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Malaysia as well.
The main tasks of LEADER project can be summarized as
- Helping to enhance the career prospects of students, to address the education and professional needs of the targeted Countries, and to continue the established cooperation beyond the project;
- Promoting intercultural understanding, according with the objectives of EU policy
- Contributing to the promotion of the EU Higher Education as a centre of excellence in learning for Asian Countries
LEADER basic actions are:
- To give Ph.D. degree to a number of Asian candidates in the key disciplines of the project, to address some of the priorities of the targeted Asian HEIs;
- To give Master degree to a number for Asian candidates in the key disciplines of the project, to produce new professional profiles able to drive the cultural growth of the targeted countries;
- To mobilize Academic/Administrative Staff from Asia To EU and From EU to Asia for i) sharing didactic and research materials, improving didactical methodologies and management best practices of Asian staff; ii) following Asian students mobilized in EU in achieving Ph.D. and Master Degrees;
- To stimulate, set the didactic (teaching materials) and management basis (MOUs) for Double degrees and joint Doctorals between EU and Asian HEIs in some of the key disciplines of the project, according with the Bologna Declaration.
LEADER provides mobilities of students, doctorals, post docs and staff for one academic year addressing all the above mentioned areas. Mobilities of Doctoral and Master candidates for two and three academic years to provide them, respectively:
Master degrees in: Energy Engineering; (06 Area); Mechanical Engineering (06 Area); Electric and Electronic Engineering (06 Area); Civil Engineering for urban planning (02 Area); Genetics Sciences, Biology (12 Area).
Ph.D. Degrees for the following Doctoral Courses: Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering (06 area); Electric and Electronic Engineering (06 area); Management and Local Development (04 area); System Biology (12 Area)